Decadent Carrot Cheesecake with Butterscotch Maple Glaze
When in need of a sweet treat that will spark your taste buds or something to bring smiles to the faces of your guests, this delicious carrot cheesecake will do the trick! Take a bite, and let the flavors melt in your mouth. Follow this recipe, and everyone will be savoring over your homemade treat.
Decadent Carrot Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 box carrot cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1 cup hot tap water (for soaking carrots and raisins)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, plus extra for garnishing
For the maple cheesecake:
- 2 (8 oz. packages) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the butterscotch maple glaze:
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place carrots and raisins included in cake mix in 1 cup of hot water and soak for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out any excess water.
- Combine dry mix, eggs, ¼ cup vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Add in the drained carrots and raisins and walnuts. Combine well.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together with an electric mixer the cream cheese, maple syrup, sugar and vanilla until a smooth consistency is achieved. Beat in the eggs.
- Add 2 cups of the cake batter to the bottom of springform pan.
- Spread 1 cup of the cheesecake batter on top of the carrot cake in the pan.
- Add in remaining carrot cake batter, and top again with the remaining of cheesecake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until cake is cooked through when a toothpick is put in center comes out clean.
- Cool at room temperature. Remove the side off from pan, transfer to a platter.
- To make the glaze, put into a small bowl the chips, syrup, and butter. Melt in microwave for 45-60 seconds. Add the heavy cream and whisk until smooth.
- Glaze top of the cake as desired and sprinkle chopped walnuts.