Why FSBO May Not Be The Best Idea
Some people believe they save money by selling without an agent. The reality is only 8% of all sales were FSBO’s (for sale by owner). Of that 8%, half already knew their buyers (relative, friend). The top 3 tasks FSBOs find the most difficult are knowing how to prepare their home for sale, understanding and handling the paperwork, and pricing. Below are a few reasons why using an agent will net sellers more money.
1. Agents have the most up-to-date information and knowledge to help set the correct price.
2. Real estate companies can provide effective exposure and get a house in front of more buyers with proven sales strategies. More buyers that view a home the more likely a bidding war.
3. Sellers would have reduced liability. A good agent will catch and correct potential issues.
4. FSBOS attract bargain hunters as they assume FSBOs are willing to sell for less because no agent fees are being paid.
5. A good agent is efficient and experienced. FSBOs are new at selling which means every step will have a learning curve.
Selling a house on your own requires a huge amount of effort and expertise. Contact me to find out why working with an agent might be the best way to get the most out of your sale.