Highlights of Buyers & Sellers in 2021
The National Association of Realtors recently released their annual report based on their research on buyer and seller activity within the last year. Below are some interesting highlights.
· The average sales price in the US was 100% of the listing price.
· 1st time home buyers accounted for 34% of all buyers.
· 95% of buyers search online and they typically searched for 8 weeks.
· 90% of home sellers worked with a real estate agent to sell.
· Only 7% of sellers were FSBOs; only 3% didn’t know their buyers
· The amount of time for a listing on the market dropped from 3 weeks in 2020 to 1 week this year.
“Realtors stepped up in a tremendous way during this pandemic—both in helping sellers list and sell properties, as well as in aiding buyers in finding their dream home during a time of such scarce inventory,” said NAR President Charlie Oppler. Whether buying or selling, contact me to find out how you can be successful in this unique market.