The show must go on! We might be practicing social distancing, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style. Below are some fun activities, crafts, and ideas you can use to celebrate using things found around your home. Let’s make this a fiesta to remember.
Let’s Taco Bout a Party
- This Cinco de Mayo falls on Tuesday… Taco Tuesday to be exact. Don’t have any tortillas? Here is a simple recipe using just a few ingredients that can be found in your pantry. All you need is all-purpose flour, salt, water, and vegetable oil. There’s nothing better than a fresh–made tortilla hugging all your ingredients together.
- For other scrumptious recipes click here. Can someone pass the guacamole?
- DIY Maracas
Take plastic eggs from Easter and fill them with rice or beans. Place the eggs between the heads of two spoons and tape it in place. You can also wrap the spoons and egg in tinfoil and tape the outside for a smoother finish. Then just shake, shake, shake. Another option would be to fill empty water bottles with beans or rice and paint the outside with festive colors.
- Tissue Paper Art
Let your creativity bloom with these beautiful paper flowers.
No piñata, no problem. Click here for fun DIY piñata instructions.
- Paper Flower Headbands
Wrap a headband with green ribbon or pipe cleaners and then glue your paper flowers to the top of the band.
- Plant Away
Clean empty cans in order to paint and decorate them as planters. If you don’t have paint, wrap the outside of the cans with ribbon or colorful yarn. Fill the cans with the vibrant paper flowers you made to brighten up the room.
- More craft ideas can be found here.
- Zoom party! Wear bright and festive colors and schedule a time to video chat with your loved ones. Have everyone prepare or order their own tacos so you can all share a delectable Mexican meal together.
- Take a poster board and paint a llama or cactus on it. Cut a hole out for your head and place your face in the hole to take silly photos you will always remember.
- Cheers to refreshing margaritas! Sip on this sweet drink.