Have a fantastic Father’s Day with these fun activities, delicious recipes, and of course, great gift ideas that will be sure to put a smile on his face.
Father’s Day Activities
- Host a movie night in the backyard and watch your dad’s favorite movie. Don’t forget to bring his favorite snacks. Discover how to create a cinema in your backyard and read our top-notch movie suggestions here.
- No matter what your father likes, make sure you reserve some time for Dear Ol’ Dad. Whether it’s fishing, painting, board games, golfing, or gardening, set aside some time to do what he enjoys.
- Create your own backyard bowling alley. Paint ten 2-liter soda bottles and line them up. Then grab a tennis ball or softball and get the game rolling.
- Create your own version of ring toss. Grab 2-3 different sized buckets and drill or nail them into a fence or wooden post. Then all you need is ping pong balls, pool rings, or anything else you can try to toss into the bucket. The more difficult the bucket the more points you get.
- Spend quality time outdoors with these awesome yard games.
- Bean bag ladder toss. Set up a ladder outside and take several steps back. Take your bean bags and try to throw them between the rungs. Each opening can be worth a different amount of points.
Gift Ideas for Dad
- Make dad a playlist. Gather all of his favorite songs and compile an awesome playlist that mean something to both of you. Here are some feel-good songs he will enjoy.
- If you can’t celebrate in person, order his favorite dessert or food and have it delivered to him. Nothing says “I love you” like a plate full of someone’s favorite meal.
- Make something that he will cherish with these crafts for kids ideas.
- Check out this list of sentimental dad gifts to show you appreciate and are thinking about him.
- Uncover this top-notch list of dad gifts under $50.
Father’s Day Recipes
- Get your brunch on and check out this phenomenal Father’s Day menu.
- Discover easy recipes dad will love.
- Before your get grilling, read several beneficial tips from pros.
- Mix up these creative cocktail recipes and raise a glass to dear ol’ dad.
- Whip up these delicious Father’s Day treats that will put a smile on anyone’s face.
Let There be Dad Jokes
Write a bunch of your favorite dad jokes on sticky-notes and post them all over your home. Nothing says I love you like a ton of silly jokes.
- If you want to go fishing, just let minnow. Fishing you a Happy Father’s Day!
- You’re the gratest Dad in the world! Sorry if that sounds cheesy.
- How does a penguin build a house? Igloos it together.
- How can you tell it’s a dogwood tree? By the bark.
- Never buy anything with velcro, it’s a total rip-off.
- What happens to an illegally parked frog? It gets toad.