Here are some fun and unique ways you can celebrate Labor Day and enjoy what is left of the summer sun.
Let Your Creativity Flow
Whether you’re celebrating with family, a small group of friends, or staying home, it’s always fun to decorate. Here are some ideas for decorations or crafts to let your festive flag fly this Labor Day.
- Make decorative vases using old bottles. Paint the outside of bottles or mason jars red and blue and glue white stars onto the outside. Use the mason jars as centerpieces and put flowers or utensils in them.
- Pamper your pillows. If you have any plain white pillows, it’s time to give them a facelift. Cut a star shape out of cardboard, use it as a stencil and hold it against the pillow. Spray with red or blue fabric paint to create pillows that will leave you starry-eyed.
- Since traditionally, you shouldn’t wear white after Labor Day take your old white t-shirts and have a tie-dye party. Click for tips on how to tie dye.
Tasty Times Lie Ahead
Looking for some Labor Day treats? Here are some delicious red, white, and blueberry pies as well as some scrumptious snack and appetizer options.
- Look no further for a berry delicious and refreshing blueberry ice cream pie.
- If you’re in the baking mood try making a three-layered funfetti cake with a Labor Day twist. Add red food coloring into one layer, blue into another, and leave the third layer as is. Once the layers have cooled stack them together using your favorite icing in between and when you cut into the cake you will have a red, white, and blue surprise. If you want to go the extra mile add red, white, and blue sprinkles on top!
- Holy guacamole, these avocado tropical guacamole bites are delicious.
- If you’re planning a virtual video party, try making these yummy and simple appetizers.
- Feeling festive? Try this red, white, and blue berry tart with lemon cookie crust.
All Sorts of Activities
- Let the games begin! Here are 10 crazy fun yard games your family will love.
- Before the cool fall air arrives take advantage of warm weather with these fun outdoor games.
- If it’s raining or you are practicing social distancing, don’t worry we have you covered. Check out the endless fun by BHGRE Summer at Home. You can virtually travel the world, take a cooking class, or watch live cams from zoos and aquariums all over the country.
- Spend Labor Day doing zero labor and plan an at-home relaxation day. Sleep in, order breakfast, and have a mimosa. Then pamper yourself with a facemask, bath, and curl up on the couch with a good book.